2012年8月23日星期四

Face of the Day- MAC Smokey Brown and Purple Eye

Face of the Day: MAC Smokey Brown and Purple Eye

Advertisement



mac-cosmetics-fotd-043008-eye-1

Mama always said, “When life hands you insomnia, hide your dark circles with concealer.”

Okay, my mom didn’t actually say that because she doesn’t wear makeup (I know! The apple fell so far from the tree!).

Anyhoo, I was inspecting the purplish nether regions under my eyes this morning and feeling pretty crappy because of the whole no sleep thing, so I decided to run with it and try a purplish-brown smokey eye. The result improved my sour mood and put a lil’ spring in my step, for sure!

The shadows I used from left to right:

  • MAC Showstopper (matte)
  • MAC Newly Minted (matte)
  • MAC Frisco (matte)
  • MAC Saddle (matte)
  • MAC Retrospeck (lustre)
  • MAC Star Violet (veluxe pearl)
  • MAC Sable (frost) – Whoops! I forgot to swatch this one. Click here to view a swatch.

I haven’t been a regular user of matte shadows in the past, but I went all out with them this time. Thanks to MAC Senior Makeup Artist Jennifer Karsten’s advice, I’ve decided I’m going to work diligently to couple them with shimmer shades to create more depth in my eye makeup looks.

mac-cosmetics-fotd-043008-swatches

The color map below shows where I placed the different eyeshadows…

  1. MAC Frisco – browbone
  2. MAC Saddle – crease
  3. MAC Star Violet – lid
  4. MAC Sable – outer third of lid
  5. MAC Showstopper – outer V
  6. MAC Retrospeck – inner third of lid
  7. MAC Newly Minted – upper lash line (I smudged this on top MAC Technakohl eyeliner in Graphblack)
  8. MAC Saddle and Sable – lower lash line

mac-cosmetics-fotd-043008-eye-3

mac-cosmetics-fotd-043008-eye-2

Trying to balance the look, I kept the lips neutral and the cheeks light.

What I used over the entire eye

  • Too-Faced Shadow Insurance Primer

On the upper lash line and waterline

  • MAC Technakohl eyeliner in Graphblack

Lashes

  • L’oreal Voluminous Carbon Black mascara

Brows

  • MAC Concrete eyeshadow

To treat my undereye circles

  • Dior Long-Wearing Moisturizing Concealer in 430
  • Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder #2

Face

  • Becca Luminous Skin Color tinted moisturizer in Nut
  • Becca Stick Foundation in Coffee
  • Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder

Cheeks

  • MAC Feeling Beauty Powder Blush

Lips

  • MAC Honey B. Cremestick liner
  • Avon Glazewear Lipstick in Champagne Glow

What about you? What makeup look did you wear today?

Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,

Karen

Related articles:

没有评论:

发表评论