2012年8月23日星期四

Makeup and Beauty Blog Monday Poll, Vol. 224

Makeup and Beauty Blog Monday Poll, Vol. 224

Advertisement




Me and my younger brother

  • You might be wondering, “So what the heck is this Monday Poll thing anyway?”
    Well, it isn’t much of a poll. It’s more just a constantly evolving (devolving?), somewhat random list of questions I’ve been putting out to readers every Monday morning for the past four years. I’ve always enjoyed reading your answers in the comments, and I hope you enjoy reading mine.
  1. Mood:
    Splendiferous! Phantasmagorical, actually. :) I had such a nice birthday weekend. Best one in years, and now I’m just going to try to milk those good vibes for as long as possible this week.
  2. Did you ever go through an awkward phase?

    You mean other than the one I’m in now, LOL?! Every day feels awkward in its own special way.

    But seriously, image-wise, my years 9 through 12 were particularly challenging. I had Richard Marx hair, none of my clothes fit me correctly, and I hadn’t yet figured out my place in my school’s social pecking order.

    I was also very, very shy, and that made things…difficult.

  3. Have you ever read a book based solely on its cover?

    LOL! Oh, yeah. Absolutely. I used to do it all the time when I was a kid. I’d go to the library and borrow a stack of books with the coolest/prettiest covers.

    Funny thing is, I actually found some great reads that way! Like The Nasty Alexander, which had a beautiful bright red cover.

    It was about a very naughty child who kept getting into trouble, which gave me an idea…

    At the time I read it, my mom was pregnant with my younger brother, and she and my dad still hadn’t decided on his name. I remember handing her the book and asking her to read it to me, and how she paused when she read the title, “Alexander,” which later became my brother’s name. :)

    Nowadays, I’m most attracted to book covers with interesting typography (and repelled by book covers that feature my nemesis font, Comic Sans).

  4. Boots with shorts in summer? Yay or a nay?
    A lot of gals around town here have been rockin’ the look lately. I think it’s kinda cute, so yay.
  5. Who was the last person you had coffee with?
    Hmm… Tabs only drinks decaf, so I guess it would be my friends Jen and Cindy two weeks ago.
  6. Where did you grow up?
    I spent my childhood and teenage years in a town about 40 miles east of here called Union City, which is about 20 miles or so from Oakland.

    It’s grown since then, but it was a pretty small town when I was growing up, and I lived a very sheltered life.

    I was happy, though. I just don’t think it really prepared me for life outside the nest.

    Moving away to college in Davis about 150 miles north was probably where I did most of my growing up. There, and the few years I lived in San Francisco in my early 20s.

    Those were difficult years…but I feel like I learned a lot about myself.

  7. Have you ever used the words, “broseph” or “bromance,” in a serious sentence?
    Broseph, no. But bromance? Yes. I’m also guilty of using an offshoot of the word, “bromantical.” LOL!
  8. Did you ever own a Walkman (CD or cassette)?
    No, but I remember my friend having one and thinking how lucky she was to always have music at her fingertips!
  9. Which of the True Blood characters would you most like to hang out with?
    Lafayette (who tweeted me once in real life! — err, well, the actor who plays Lafayette). I have a feeling we’d be able to talk about smudgy eyeliner and nail polish for days.
  10. Weekly goals:
    Just to keep smilin’. :) Oh, ya know, and to get all of my work done.

Good morning and happy Monday, my friend. Brace yourself for 20 pounds of virtual kitty hugs. Tabs would like to climb up on your lap, if you’re so inclined, so please make space on your right shoulder (always has to be the right shoulder), so that he may rest his heft upon thou unimpeded.

There. Now you can’t move until you finish today’s Monday Poll. ;)

Good job, Tabs. Good job.

  • To complete the Monday Poll, just copy the following list, and paste it with your answers in the comments.



1. Mood:
2. Did you ever go through an awkward phase?
3. Have you ever read a book based solely on its cover?
4. Boots with shorts in summer: yay or nay?
5. Who was the last person you had coffee with?
6. Where did you grow up?
7. Have you ever used the words, “broseph” or “bromance,” in a sentence?
8. Did you ever own a Walkman (CD or cassette)?
9. Which of the True Blood characters would you most like to hang out with?
10. Weekly goals:

You know what? You and I are are going to have an exceptionally good week. Seriously, I’ve got that feeling!

Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,

Karen

Related articles:

没有评论:

发表评论