2012年6月1日星期五

My first reaction was

Cle de Peau #207 Eye Color Quad

The Glossover

The product itself is embossed with muted, plum-pink iterations of their logo, and these are just an overlay, as they disappear after a use or two. I made sure to remove them from mine before swatching the colors themselves to ensure nothing altered the actual underlying colors!

Cle de Peau #207 Eye Color Quad
Cle de Peau #207 Eye Color Quad

Cle de Peau #207 Eye Color Quad ($55.00 for refill of 0.17 oz., $25.00 for case) is a decadent option for eyeshadow. The formula is “resistant to smudging, creasing, and fading” while “Argan Tree Oil provides smooth application and wear” as well as it contains “moisturizing Hydro-Wrap Complex.”

My first reaction was: “WHAT ON EARTH IS THIS SILKINESS?” I felt like I had touched silk dipped in butter, because it was so soft, so smooth, and creamy (but it is a powder). I’ve tried Cle de Peau’s eyeshadow singles, and some are nice, others are so-so–but the product Coach Factory Outlet Online, while soft, felt nothing like this palette. I just stared at the compact dumbfounded when I first swatched it. I’m not easily impressed, but this really caught my attention. It was the softest eyeshadow I had ever used. The formula is soft like silk, but smooth and creamy like butter that glides across the skin and melts into it. When I wore these alone (without primer), they lasted a full ten hours without creasing, fading, or fall out.

Where to Buy: Neiman Marcus, $55

For those who might find Cle de Peau a bit out of their price range, consider purchasing the refill and storing it inside a more affordable compact (maybe a Z-palette or the like), as the pan of eyeshadows is $55, while the case is sold separately at $25. The refill makes it much more in line with Chanel, Dior, and Guerlain and may make the product more . The case is sturdy but ultimately made out of plastic. It has a large mirror inside as well as two brushes.  This is what I’ll be doing–I’m not willing to shell out $25 per compact, but I liked the quality and texture of this palette so much, I purchased two refill quads after I finished testing this one, which I’ll be sure to review once I’ve received and tested those.

  • The first shade is a sparkling pink champagne with silvery-white micro-glitter. It’s similar to Giorgio Armani #7, which has a more metallic finish. This shade is soft but does apply opaque–though it can be sheered out with ease. I thought it would have fall out, but I didn’t experience any when I wore it. The texture is almost like Urban Decay’s Stardust Eyeshadows but smoother.
  • The second shade is a softened, peach-beige with a bright, metallic sheen. It’s more opaque than NARS Delphes, but it is shade or so lighter and warmer than Inglot #397. This has great color payoff and an ultra-smooth texture.
  • The third shade is a gray-casted purple with a hint of blue. The finish is part shimmer, part sheen. I couldn’t think of any dupes for this one, though I looked through the blue, gray, and purple eyeshadow galleries. It has good color payoff (could be a little more rich in color), but it applied beautifully.
  • The last shade is a warm, soft gray with a shimmery finish. The only shade I could think of that was even remotely similar was theBalm Come Hither Heather, which is many shades darker. It has the same really smooth texture with a soft feel, and the pigmentation is good.

没有评论:

发表评论