2012年5月16日星期三

You Gotta Put in Work with Styledriven’s MAC Pro

Advertisement



mac full speed ahead

I have mixed emotions about Styledriven’s MAC Pro Longwear Lipglasses…

As a longtime Lipglass fan (10 years plus!), I expected to fall hard for these super pigmented, ultra shiny, long-wearing glosses, but beyond a few similarities — a sticky consistency and a light vanilla flavor and scent — they’re quite unlike their older cousins. As for pigment soccer jerseys, MAC increased the dosage. They also thickened the formula, cranked up the shine and replaced the traditional doe-foot applicator with a paddle in the shape of an hourglass.

mac style driven pro longwear lipglass
Pro Longwear Lipglasses, $18.50 U.S./$22 CDN each, from the left: Lasting Achievement, Infinitely Likable, Full Speed Ahead, Driven By Love and Dark As Night


Pro Longwear Lipglasses swatches from the left: Dark As Night, Driven By Love, Full Speed Ahead, Infinitely Likable and Lasting Achievement

mac drive by love
Drive By Love

mac full speed ahead
Full Speed Ahead

mac dark as night
Dark As Night

mac infinitely likeable
Infinitely Likeable

mac lasting achievement
Lasting Achievement

I can’t believe I’m saying this…but I think MAC may have actually overloaded these with pigment. They’re so highly concentrated with color that I think it makes them a little more difficult than regular Lipglasses to apply. These aren’t the kind of glosses I can apply in five seconds and be on my merry way. They require a steady hand and patience, and a lip liner doesn’t hurt.

After playing with five of the nine shades this week, I think I saw my best results when I took a restrained approach, applying very little on my lips, because whenever I did apply more, they looked thick, uneven and goopy, pooling and catching on every little flake and dry patch. Which reminds me, I also feel these are somewhat more drying than regular Lipglasses.

I like the colors and love the shine, but these border on high maintenance for me. If you don’t mind putting in the work and you’re already a Lipglass fan, these might be a good fit for you.

PRICE: $18.50 U.S./$22 CDN each
AVAILABILITY: Coming September 22 to MAC counters and stores in North America; internationally some time this month
MAKEUP AND BEAUTY BLOG RATING: B

Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,

Karen

没有评论:

发表评论